Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Go To Pork

I make this 'recipe' a lot. It has become a kind of comfort food. I think it is Jamie Oliver, though I'm not really sure... it's one of my collection that isn't labelled, but it 'sounds' like Jamie.
Pork with Parsnip, Apple,Lemon and Rosemary
Pork slices or chops
Parsnip - peeled and sliced
Apple - cored and sliced thickly
Garlic cloves - peeled and chopped roughly
Lemons - juice and skin (slice the skins into strips)
Oil - olive or grapeseed
Fresh rosemary - chopped

I also used gold kumara, butternut pumpkin and carrots - a one-pot meal, my favourite kind!
Put oil, garlic, lemon juice and rosemary into a big bowl
Put the vegetables, apple and lemon skins into the oil and stir to coat - use your hands - much easier
Put the vegetables into a shallow baking dish
Put the pork into the bowl and stir to coat in oily herby mix
Put the pork on top of the vegetables and tip the remaining oil over.

Bake till all is cooked and delicious.
The lemon skins go almost caramelized and cut through the richness of the pork - delicious (did I say that already?)
I didn't take a photo of it once it was cooked. Now that daylight saving is over, it is dark by the time the cooking is done and I'm having trouble with getting the lighting right...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delish...and yes, it does sound like a "Jamie recipe" whom I love! I must try.:)