Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Steady grew some green chillies

and he gave us some. So I made this sauce - rude not to really. This is adapted from the book called Complete Indian Cooking published by Hamlyn. It is a great book that I use heaps. A lot of folks are frightened of curries - because the list of ingredients always looks a bit daunting. Harden up people. I wasn't going to actually cook the curry here - I was just making the sauce to freeze for another day when I can't be bothered doing it all from scratch, so the method is quite different from the original recipe... I did it my way (sounds like it should be a song doesn't it?)

Bangalore Chicken Curry Sauce - My Way

2 onions - cut into quarters
6 cloves garlic
1 tsp turmeric
3/4 tsp ground coriander
3/4 tsp ground cumin
40g fresh coriander leaves - I didn't measure this, I had 1 1/2 bunches and I just bunged it in - stalks included - rip it up a bit
3 large, fresh green chillies - deseeded and chopped a bit
1 can coconut cream
1 tsp salt

Blitz everything in a food processor.


The smell is fresh, clean and mouth-watering

 Put it in a container and freeze.


I LOVE these containers!

When you want to actually make the curry - put sauce, chicken pieces and a little chicken stock in a pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer, turning the chicken pieces occasionally until the chicken is done.
Stir in some lemon juice (about 1 tbsp), add some more salt if you need to.
Serve topped with some more fresh coriander.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm. Nice. I like the idea of making the sauce and then freezing it.