Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

NZ Rugby Sevens in Wellington and Lynne's birthday

Our American friends are getting all geared up for Superbowl. In NZ we have our own tournament at the same time. I've never been a fan of rugby - in fact it's a really good thing I like cricket (our summer game), because The Silver Fox and I would not talk to each other all year if I did not. But, I don't mind the sevens so much. Perhaps it's because the crowd goes in fancy dress and the rugby is just an excuse to party. It looks like fun and each game is over so fast. This sevens weekend our gang went to Lynne and Evan's house at the beach. We all took food - the idea was that Lynne wouldn't have to do a thing, because it was her birthday. We had heaps of lovely food, great company and we watched the sevens, talked and laughed and drank some wine. Life is good.

Heather's Chicken Liver Pate

300g chicken livers
50g butter
1 small onion - chopped
1 clove garlic - chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme - chopped
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Fry until the pink has gone from the livers.
Whizz till smooth, the add
1 tbsp brandy
2 tbsp cream
salt and pepper to taste.

This is good in stuffed mushrooms - egg, crumb (I use polenta) and then fry. Heather is a friend of my mum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I have never thought of making my own chicken liver pate. What a fantastic idea. I will try this as it sounds really nice.