Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's all Pip's fault.

I worked with Pip.
She shared a flat with this guy.
She invited me to the movies with them. She set us up. We've been married nearly 25 years. It is all Pip's fault.

PIP'S PUMPKIN SOUP

1 kg pumpkin - peeled and chopped
2 cups chicken stock
2 tsp sugar
2 onions - chopped
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Cook together until vegetables are soft.
Whizz.
Re-heat with 1/4 tsp nutmeg and thin with 2 - 3 cups of milk

You can make so many variations of pumpkin soup, but this is great for when you just want something simple.

1 comment:

"Susan Says..." said...

Oh, Janet!

That gave me a good laugh...and reeled in my ego, too. So, you are my fifteen readers---and I am totally honored. Were you surprised to read my salutation on my blog?

I have no gluten issues but have a niece (living in Italy where she is surrounded by gluten in the form of many tempting treats)who does and will pass your link to her.

We have things in common, I see....cats and the strategy to spend an enjoyable stretch at home. Appearing to be keep ig busy is definitely key. I am so glad you fond me and very happy that you are enjoying the blog.

My release from captivity does not mean that the posts will stop, far from it. Check my archives, too.

The Blogess is absolutely hysterical. If you like her, there's a young lady from Texas whose blog is titled CatZilla Vs. the World...she's funny as hell and very original.

I am delighted to meet you and thank you again for reading. I look forward to keeping in touch.
Susan