Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Autumn Garden

Rocket (argula) nearest the camera, and Coriander (Cilantro) and parsley, on a table under the kitchen window. Coriander/parsley have survived having Percy nest his large rear-end on them...

The mint has recovered from a drastic pruning at beginning of Autumn.

They say rosemary grows really well in a place where a woman is in charge.... don't tell Rick!


We're hoping for carrots - cats and drainage issues permitting...

NZ native spinach, which has appeared by magic. You pinch out the growing tips and steam it - delicious - with none of the furry teeth feeling that you get with regular spinach.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful plants! Would love to try your NZ spinach!

Sleepinghorse said...

That's odd. My rosemary just won't grow. I would prefer to think that mine is not in the right place. Maybe it needs more sun! Or maybe I am not really in charge like I think I am!

"Susan Says..." said...

Gorgeous plants. I once got into a fight with a hostile waiter in London about rocket. I told him ot was arugala and he fought me. I wonder if they have located his body yet.